The level of the costs incurred by software escrow depends on several factors:
Especially the complexity of the technical examination and the amount of data deposited.
The various cost items are:
- The analysis and organization of software escrow, along with the consultation work, including that on the main contract (one-off charge)
- Initial technical inspection (depending on the effort required, one-off charge)
- Deposit per licensee (per year)
- Accession of further licensees (per year)
- Update (one-off charge)
- Carrying out the release procedure (one-off charge)
The annual running costs for escrow are low. They start at $900 plus VAT for one deposited object.
According to our experience, checking simple software with regard to translatability costs about $2,000 plus VAT.
In the context of the analysis- and consultation-phase, we can give you individual information based on your individual case.